Tuesday 1 January 2013

In the beginning...

...rather than resolutions, how about these two?  They sound like a plan to me, especially given my situation at work, where I spend most of my weekdays.  I think I'm gonna run with them!

“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.”  
― Kurt Vonnegut


“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”   ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY LOVELIES! 

3 comments:

Shaynacwings said...

Hello my darling, sorry I have been so remiss lately. Don't know if you knew my computer had crashed completely. I did have a loan of one while mine was taken away and stripped. Have my own one back now and having to download everything again. Now I am trying to do catch up with everyone.

I hope your Christmas was all you hoped it would be and I sure do hope 2013 treats you in the best way possible.

BIG HUGGLES. XXX

Milli said...

Happy New Year To You...those quotes are wonderful and empowering. Great thoughts to bring with you into 2013.
All you need to do is action them! XO

Teri said...

Glad to have you back, Shayna! *hugs*

And yes, Milli, all we have to do is get on with it! :)