Friday 15 October 2010

STAR TREK Nostalgia

Which theme is your favorite?

Star Trek: The Original Series, of course!
 
 5

Star Trek: The Next Generation, without question!
 
 4

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, trust me!
 
 1

Star Trek: Voyager - what else?
 
 0

You REALLY expect me to choose? Pfffft!!!
 
 2

None of the above -they're all dull as ditchwater!
 
 3

The original theme music always makes me feel the most nostalgic!  And Mr. Spock remains my most favorite of all the aliens!


Next in line is STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, with my favorite captain, Jean-Luc Picard.  Yeah, Patrick Stewart has my heart!  And his English accent is so sexy...   Commander Data and Lieutenant Worf up the alien ante!  LOL!  Gotta love 'em!


Ah, Commander, later Captain Benjamin Sisko, the Emissary of the Bajoran world, is the next leader of note in this series, and the first Black captain.  (Did you know Avery Brooks (Captain Sisko) was- and may still be - a college professor in a New Jersey university?)  I love Odo the shape-shifter, and Dax the Trill (what a worm!), the best aliens in this set.


And finally, STAR TREK: VOYAGER, home of Captain Janeway, the first female leader.  And new home of the first female alien, Seven of Nine, who happens to be an ex-Borg!  Oh yeah, and let's not forget the Doctor, a hologram, no less!  Wonderful!

29 comments:

Vinny ~ said...

Wish they all were still on the air.

Ajax Telamônios said...

DS9's theme song was the worst.

Kae B said...

I'm caught between TNG and Voyager...that's why I can't choose!

Kae B said...

Me too, Vinny!

Judd Studd said...

The original ST and TNG were the best shows!

Duckie .... said...

My favorite theme, really, was from Enterprise... the latest one. Dianne Warren's song, "Faith of the Heart"

Duckie .... said...

But my favorite of them all was TNG... it was my first experience with personal home theater system, and I put it to the test with TNG... :D

Kae B said...

I don't like themes that aren't all instrumental, really! And for Star Trek, I am enamored of the brass and strings!

Kae B said...

Also, I happen to dislike the latest one - did you notice it doesn't figure in my blog? Not at all impressed with it! It's a poor prequel, I think!

Duckie .... said...

uh huh... i liked it. I disliked the original... we're even.

Kae B said...

:)

Bill Purkayastha said...

My grandma used to call it Tarfax,

~ ♥Tina ♥ ~ said...

Lt Commander LaForge....... ohhhhhh yeah.... hehe ;-)

But I LOVE the young Captain Kirk in the newest Star Trek movie!

Thomas (Tom) Jefferson Thompson said...

Not a big Star Treker......................

Kae B said...

Uh huh...:P

David P. said...

i liked the original.. mostly cuz of doc spock... oh, and i had a thing for lieutenant uhura....

wasn't big on cap kirk, but years later i interviewed william shatner (for a newspaper up in the a-dacks, he was there as a fundraiser for an ailing girl)... he was quite down to earth..(for a spaceman.. har di lame.. groan.. har)

didn't get into the next two series, but here's a lil sumpin sumpin featuring your fave, jean luc picard...

.

Kae B said...

Oh David! This is too priceless! LOLOLOL! Thanks for the laugh!!

Kae B said...

Of course, one has to wonder which sex-starved retired person made this video? I mean, how much time must it have taken to go through the various episodes I recognize to cull these suggestive phrases and scenes! Lovely climactic music, wouldn't you say? *snickers*

David P. said...

yeah, some obsessed trekkies put it together... there's a bunch of 'em... when i interviewed shatner, and then he spoke to the audience, there was one dude dressed up looking like mccoy... security kept a close eye on him..

and, as to 'for the laugh?'... well, yeah, i laughed at some of it, but other times i thought, 'time to go out n' buy a lieutenant uhuru blowed-up love doll'

Kae B said...

*chuckles*

David P. said...

annd, i thought it was great when doc spock jammed wit jimi at woodstock...

Kae B said...

Hahahaha! The kiddie cheering at the end was priceless! LOL!

David P. said...

but back to mah lieutenant... woah, had no idea she put some albums out back in the day... she can sing a lil bit she can...

Kae B said...

Ad you said you were a fan! Shame on you!! *chuckles*

Conan Caven said...

The original was the only series i have seen all the episodes and used to watch them a lot as a kid. The others i have only seen the odd one here or there and didnt really grab me. The cheesy original is what made it fun to watch. But overall i prefer Babylon 5. :-)

Conan Caven said...

The turkish rip off of star trek. lol.

SkyeRider . said...

Deep Space Nine is my fave and I'm totally in love with Worf! My kids just recently got me the original series on DVD... I've enjoyed watching the one that started it all!

Menno's Sound of Nostalgy said...

Thanks for all the nostalgic items Kae,
Btw my name is Menno.
hugs

Kae B said...

I'm glad you enjoyed this, Menno! *hugs back*