Saturday 15 September 2012

Reading for Fun and Profit ~ RIFS


I've always been a reader, gobbling up everything from cartoons to novels to text books with equal fervor.  The stages of my reading changed depending on the stages of my life, though now, in midlife, I read all the same things I used to read when I was younger, and then some.

These days, however, I'm looking to spread my reading wings to augment my income when I retire in two years.  Early retirement requires thoughtful planning, with an eye to keeping up my end of the income bargain.  And being a volunteer editor on another website where I post my writings gave me the idea that I could parlay my English teacher skills into a new line of work.

So it's decided...when I leave off reading students' work upon my retirement, I'll use those skills to help people willing to pay me to help them produce quality writing.  I can guarantee they'll be happy with the results -- the clients I already have through my volunteering gig can attest to that!  And I'll enjoy my job, too!

Reading is financially sound -- RIFS!

4 comments:

Cinabear Cinnamon said...

I think that's fab!! What a great way to share your talents!!! Is this your last year?

Teri said...

No I have two more years to go, Cinna.

Heather said...

I think thats a wonderful idea!! I really hope it all pans out...:))

Teri said...

I hope so too, Heather! :)