Saturday 13 October 2012

A Good Word


I've always loved this song, and my friend Lottie has some of Mr. Henson's words posted on her page, which sent me to find it,  And once there, I saw some more, which I have shared below.  Seems Mr. Henson was a man I could have been great friends with.

For this weekend, for today, for this hour...how about remembering these words of his?  they speak for him, and it seems, he spoke for me

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for [my] having been [here].  Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling.  May each of yours be that.  Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It's a good life, enjoy it." ~ Jim Henson

2 comments:

Shaynacwings said...

Awesome post Teri. I don't know anyone who doesn't love the muppets.

I take it he has passed away? I haven't heard the news today.

Teri said...

He died in 1990, Shayna. And yes, the Muppets are a grand bunch of "people"!! :D