Wednesday 8 September 2010

PP ~ "Sayings" (Much Modified)

I'm not a member of the Picture Perfect group, but I like the challenge they've put out this time - quotations.  I've chosen the one below, which is actually the first stanza of a Christmas carol, "In the Bleak Midwinter", by Christina Rosetti.  I've posted the song after the pictures - that's one of the perks of NOT being in the group: you can add your own twist to it!  

I took these pictures last winter!  And I'm eagerly anticipating winter again this year, despite the horrendous five days we had with that storm!  I know...I'm the weirdest West Indian, eh?  LOL!

In the bleak midwinter, 
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, 
Water like a stone.
Snow had fallen, 
Snow on snow, 
Snow on snow, 
In the bleak midwinter,
Long ago. 





I could have chosen the video of the Kings College Choir of Cambridge, which you can see if you go here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0aL9rKJPr4 - but I chose this one because it was a service in which the congregation also sang.  I love that!

And yes, Christmas time is my favorite time of year!

Enjoy!

23 comments:

Sonny, ♀ ♥ life ...... said...

you are so damn talented..it blows me away.

Sonny, ♀ ♥ life ...... said...

i love that car shot...COOOL.

Kae B said...

I am? What did I do now, sweetie? I mean, thanks...but tell me, please!

Kae B said...

That car was the one that crashed with us on New Year's Eve! We now own a Honda Accord! LOL! I did love it, though!

Sonny, ♀ ♥ life ...... said...

yep..thats us...the weirdo's ...we click a picture out of everything....

Kae B said...

Both pictures were taken in my front yard, by the by!

Kae B said...

Hehe!!

Kae B said...

I love to hear men's choirs...and the contrasts between the men's and the boys' voices! So delicious!

jibey *** said...

It's one of my favourites - but NOT in September lol...

Good grief, have they started the Santa Season already in the US?

Kae B said...

No, silly! But when I decided to use these pictures, that stanza was what came to my mind, so I went with it! Especially after the muggy day we had...I am looking forward to a "bleak mid-winter"! *chuckles*

Kae B said...

They have to get past my birthday and Thanksgiving first! LOL!

Sonny, ♀ ♥ life ...... said...

yay......only a month left for our birthdays.....lol

Kae B said...

I know. Already trying to decide what I want to do this year!

Arielle Sassy said...

brrrrrrrrrr! not in a hurry for the snow! :) great pics!

Kae B said...

Thanks, Arielle! :)

Arielle Sassy said...

you're welcome hon! hugs!

Thomas (Tom) Jefferson Thompson said...

you have just divulged the secret to my madness..............sheesh!

Milli Musings said...

I love Christmas too.
Fab captures Kae. The stanza is wonderful and like you I too love to hear everyone singing together.
Come on over for a quick romp in my Spring garden. Well a small part of it. lol.
http://millimusings.multiply.com/journal/item/794/Spring_Fever_in_My_Garden?replies_read=13

Luxy (Monica) said...

Christmas is a favorite all around!!

Isotrip :o) said...

*Shivering*

Great add!

Kae B said...

*chuckles @ Tom*

Be right over, Milli!

Christmas is the best holiday, Luxy, despite all the ways people make it trashy!

Thanks, Trip! :)

Monique . said...

I'm only just thinking about Halloween, pumpkins, corn, apples. I must track down my Loreena McKennitt Christmas album.

Esh :o) said...

This is awesome!!!


I can feel the chill from here!!