Thursday 30 September 2010

RWC #43

SHIFT

"It'll only take a moment," he said in my head, staring hypnotically into my glassy eye.  "You won't feel a thing!"

I rolled the eye closest to him, and wriggled like the fish I was then.  Was that supposed to make me feel better?  

"You say that every time!" I complained.  "When will I get to be the bear, and eat you?" I wondered, taking a deep breath in anticipation of the painful end to this game.

"When you learn to shape-shift faster than me!" he answered.  "Now shut up!  I'm in a hurry.  I have a lunch date!"

I heard the crunch...and then the screen went white.

"Same time tomorrow?" Tom asked, as he wrapped his robe tightly around his wide shoulders.  I eyed him admiringly.  He was one big, hunky dude!

"Yes, please!" I answered, smiling up at him.  "I'll get you yet!"

"In your dreams, Pint-Size!"  He returned my smile, his deep brown eyes twinkling. "And don't lie...I know you dream!"  

He chuckled at my expression as he walked out of the simulator.

I hate being assistant to a god!

Copyright © 2010 by Teri K D Bannerman

For more fun, visit this site: Real Writers Challenge #43

9 comments:

Nina ~ said...

Wow, I was not able to derive a single story from this picture and was impressed that you and Maggie did! :)

Yours made me smile! i must try my hand at dialogue; yours is excellent and gave me inspiration .... :)

Being assistant to a God can have its merits; one need only be willing to enjoy the back cloud... :)

Nina ~ said...

Wow, I was not able to derive a single story from this picture and was impressed that you and Maggie did! :)

Yours made me smile! i must try my hand at dialogue; yours is excellent and gave me inspiration .... :)

Being assistant to a God can have its merits; one need only be willing to enjoy the back cloud... :)

Bill Purkayastha said...

I see you too have the fish PoV. I liked it. Mine is in the works.

Arielle Sassy said...

oh the visuals and thoughts i had on this one!

Ms Shanti said...

WOW : )))))))) I loved this !!!! : ))))))))))

Mythical Magpie said...

How the heck do you make two characters come alive like that is just a few words?

That was a lot of fun. I wish I had half your imagination. :))))))))

joyce cooper said...

You're good You made that picture come alive.....very good!

Steph . said...

Whee! Thanks for the ride! :)

marlicia fernandez said...

This was fun and unexpected. Truly a an enjoyable read. I would never have come up with this. :o) You have a wonderful imagination. Well done!