Sunday 12 February 2012

Goodbye, Mama! We Love You!

It's about that time, now...

Myrtle Sylvia Bonnick,
née Walters, was born on June 28th, 1926.  She died on January 31, 2012.  She is survived by her husband Keith, her children Yvonne, Hugh, Michael, and Ronald, and numerous grand- and great-grandchildren.  She will be laid to rest later this afternoon, in Dovecot Memorial Park, Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies.

All who had the privilege of knowing her, and being touched by her love and care for others, loved her.  She was a woman of faith, a disciplinarian, a lover of her family, full of joy and laughter, and strong, enduring the pain of loss with dignity and grace.  She gave freely of her means, small though they were, to those who had a need, and her home was always open. We will miss her greatly!

These are the pictures I could find of her in our old albums, from the days when we still printed hard copies of pictures.  When my hubby returns from Jamaica, I will post more pictures in a separate album. 

This first one was taken when my hubby was very young.  He is standing next to her.
This next one was taken when our children were still very young, a year after we arrived in the US, and were living on our own for the first time.

This last one is of three generations -- Mama (on the left), Hugh, her son (my hubby with the bald head), and Jalel, her grandson (my second son, aged 1+, forehead touching his dad's) in some mall in the US.


She WILL rest in peace.  I just know it!

18 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Jefferson Thompson said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss my friend.... Hugggssss.....

Kae B said...

Thank you, Tom! I find myself needing hugs right now. *hugs*

chey c said...

Thinking of you K! This is beautiful, you honored her!

Kae B said...

Thanks, Chey!

Babs A said...

beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. God is waiting with open arms....

Kae B said...

I am sure of it, Babs! :)

Luxy (Monica) said...

Hugs!! I'm so sorry you couldn't be there too.

Kae B said...

That would have been great, Luxy!

Mythical Magpie said...

My condolences to you and your family, Kae.

Kae B said...

Thank you, Maggie! :)

Mythical Magpie said...

That was a lovely tribute to her. :)

Kae B said...

She was a very warm-hearted woman! She deserves the best that I can give her!

Tori Bri said...

oh wow.. you must be proud met a women like that..iam so sorry for you loss!

Kae B said...

Thank you, Tori!

Anders P Hansén said...

My most sincere condolences for your loss.

Kae B said...

Thank you, Anders!

Anders P Hansén said...

~ hugs ~

Kae B said...

*hugs back*