Saturday 4 February 2012

Within

It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living.

I want to know what you ache for,

and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing.

 

It doesn’t interest me how old you are,

I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dreams,

for the adventure of being alive.

 

It doesn’t interest me what planets are squaring your moon.

I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow,

if you have been opened by life’s betrayals or have become shriveled and closed

from fear of further pain.

 

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own,

without moving to hide or fade it or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own:

if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers

and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic,

or to remember the limitations of being a human.

 

It doesn’t interest me if the story you’re telling me is true.

I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself;

if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul.

 

I want to know if you can be faithful and therefore be trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see the beauty even when it is not pretty everyday,

and if you can source your life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge

of a lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes”!

 

It doesn’t interest me to know where you live or how much money you have.

I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair,

weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done for the children.

 

It doesn’t interest me who you are, or how you came to be here, I want to know if you

Will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

 

It doesn’t interest me where or what or with whom you have studied.

I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself

and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

- Oriah Mountain Dreamer

64 comments:

PK Choo said...

I love chocolate

Kae B said...

*smiles @ you* So do I!

Kae B said...

This is something I found on a friend's page, while we were on Yahoo 360.

PK Choo said...

I love the seduction and openness of wanting to explore, take a risk, and seek its rewards. I also love black, erotic women

Franki . said...

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own:I
If you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers

Thats Lovely Kit.......I can....I can.....
xx

Kae B said...

Somehow I don't think you are alone in that regard! :)

PK Choo said...

I have no problem not being alone with you...I am always open for adventure...hug

Franki . said...

He is Not alone in that Kit......♥
xx

PK Choo said...

I like guys also...well, why not

Franki . said...

Oh no..Dont spoil my Dreams of Kit......:))

Kae B said...

The two of you are crazy! PK, all I meant was that I'm sure you aren't the only man to "love black, erotic women"! Nothing more! :)

PK Choo said...

i must warn you, my humor is different, I would NEVER spoil anything between you and Kit

PK Choo said...

well, I know I am crazy...can't speak for anyone else, lol

forgive my humor, but then count me seriously as one loving chocolate

Kae B said...

*chuckles @ PK* Okay!

Kae B said...

Frank and I have been friends for a very long time. He's just as playful as you appear to be, PK! :)

Franki . said...

Thers nothing between us ....thats what`s so nice..:):)

PK Choo said...

great!

PK Choo said...

I have never been accused of being normal

PK Choo said...

I am glad both of you understand, I mean no harm...well, not often

Franki . said...

See just Playfull......Whatever that means,,:))

PK Choo said...

I had a 5 yr relationship with a wild, rough black girl once, we would go at it hard, then back off a few months, wanted to marry her, did not work out, she almost killed me it was so good.

♥Cindi ♥ said...

:-) eeyore moment.....

Kae B said...

Eeyore and I are best buds! We understand each other! *grins*

Kae B said...

*smiles @ you*

PK Choo said...

she was aggressive, physical, and unleashed extreme passion that was difficult to sustain and nurture. I loved all of her scents and erotic flavors and we could not get enough of it

♥Cindi ♥ said...

I remember I posted this on 360 too. I seemed to be in an intense mood at that time.

Franki . said...

Do you know what they call that?? Lucky....:):)

PK Choo said...

Blessed

Kae B said...

I think 360 brought that out in all of us! :)

Franki . said...

Tyring but blessed.....

PK Choo said...

almost deadly, she had no mercy in her and I loved the way she stalked me

Franki . said...

Well go on tell us,,,,,:)

PK Choo said...

I loved her chocolate complexion is satin white camisol, thong, garter and white fish net hose...she modeled it, gave me lap dance, bit me hard and scratched me like I was a steak, and then attacked, even raped me...no end to it

Franki . said...

Ooo the bitch....poor you..:):)

Kae B said...

You two having fun?

PK Choo said...

to her, wild fighting was foreplay and yes, it got bloody. but she also said no one ever banged her as good and hard as i did so I did score points with her. She was an animal, and I loved it. Sex with her was an all night event, many rounds, and we never stopped until both of us worn out

Franki . said...

No we are waiting for you Kit.....:):)
Why do you want some fun.....??:)))
x

PK Choo said...

trying to entice you to join us

Franki . said...

Now you have worried Kit....:):)

Kae B said...

You forget, Frank, I teach high school. Nothing scares me! LOL!

And thanks for the invitation, but I'd rather just watch and listen!

PK Choo said...

I am no amateur at it and love BBW

PK Choo said...

I like that, you are so refreshing Kit!

Franki . said...

Oh yea Remember Kit....You taught me...:):)
xx

Kae B said...

There's a lot of darkness and pain in the world, PK. I prefer to spread light and joy when I can. if that means letting people be themselves, as long as they don't abuse each other on my page, so be it!

Franki . said...

See you have another Pupul Kit...:)))
x

PK Choo said...

You so special Kit, I respect you a lot and if I ever cross your line you please scold me. I love to have fun but not abuse

Yeah, all i said about her is true

Franki . said...

You did say Spread the Light Kit??:))
x

Franki . said...

I second that pkchoo......Our Kit is a Lady,,,,

PK Choo said...

and I want so much to be closer to her xox

Kae B said...

...and your Kit is off...go see the note for the reason!

Behave, you two! :)

Franki . said...

Arr...Night Night Sweetheart...Be Good,,,,,,:))
XX

Kae B said...

G'night, Frank! And I'm ALWAYS good! :)

Franki . said...

:):):)
x

Sonny, ♀ ♥ life ...... said...

this was a beautiful read !
my fav. ?
the last line ....

Aspenglow . said...

Profound and powerful and what we all should strive for ... and to be. Loved it.

Peachie M. said...

Beautiful!

A person who is true to themselves can also be true to the world and those who perceive them. This is something we all seek.

Kae B said...

I was very happy to stumble upon it again, after so many years! :)

PK Choo said...

I love the way the poem builds both individual confidence and a perfect bond

PK Choo said...

I am blessed to have stumbled upon you

Kae B said...

Thank you! :)

Kae B said...

It does ask us to be honestly reflective, doesn't it? And at the same time, it offers a powerful hope.

PK Choo said...

I also see it as a deep yearning to seek a very deep, special relationship that opens every door and has not limits

PK Choo said...

no, please, thank you!

Stephen Faust said...

Find a purpose in life and pursue it. In that way, you will gain satisfaction. Should true love find you ( you shall never find it ), then you hold all life has to offer in the palm of your hand. But remember. In this world, you are a gladiator. Learn to use your choice of weapons well or die.