Sunday 12 February 2012

Monday Music Magic ~ "Together"

This has been a rough few days for me, what with my hubby's leaving for Jamaica to bury his mother and reunite with his family there, most of whom he hasn't seen in twenty years.  It got me to thinking how I thought I knew how I would feel about his not being here in the house -- I wrote a poem about that -- and how in fact I DO feel...not what I was expecting at all!  And that got me to thinking about how long we have been together, as I try to explain these feelings. 

We human beings take being together with those we love for granted most of the time, until something happens to threaten the status quo, or to ruffle the smooth surface of our accustomed existence.

 Departure, whether by death or planes/boats/trains/cars, is always the thing that makes us stop and wonder, stop and think...stop and fear.  We want to be together with others...we NEED it -- well most of us do, anyway! 


It's why we come here, isn't it?  To be together with people of like mind, with some of whom we forge deep and lasting relationships.  Together, we are better than apart.  Together, we are stronger than apart.  Together, we are safer than apart.

Thank you all who come by often, some of you every day, to be with me, to encourage and tease, and challenge, and argue, and love me.  I appreciate your presence much more than I can say.  And now, when I feel most emotionally vulnerable, as I contemplate death, I thank you even more for being here...together with me!  *BIG HUGS*

16 comments:

Thellord Thighgod said...

*BIG HUGS*

Ace!

Kae B said...

*smiles @ Ducky* Thanks!

David P. said...

heyyyyy there, kae!

glad you got around to posting on the theme.... (feel free to attach the link over on my 'together' page..

and when i saw the beatles on tthe cover of the vid... wondered, 'huh? they did a copy of flo n' eddy, aka the turtles?'... then clicked 'play'.... ahhh, okay, no liverpool lads, tis the original and a fine selection it is (sidenote: one of my brother marko's friends joined flo n' eddie many years after this gem, did some drums and piano on their studio work, also a few live concerts)....

and yes... oh yes... you're story... i LOVE the stories that come with the song-selections! yours is suuuuch an oh-so-fine one...

thanks! (and togetherness hugs)...

David P. said...

oh... woah... just noticed the pet-shop-boys, too.... ahhh, another find 'together' tune.... chaaaah...

Kae B said...

I'm glad you do, David! :) Thanks for visiting, and I will post the link.

Kae B said...

Sorry about the first video choice. I guess the person who posted it was making a comment about The Beatles with the song, and didn't think about the performers.

I won't change it, though -- I like the thinking behind the video. It's about togetherness, after all!

David P. said...

no 'sorry' needed! at all! it's a great tune by the turtles and i loved looking at the beatles pics!

sheree Lamirand said...

together we are stronger ........very nice post Kae

Kae B said...

Thank you, Sheree!

Cassandra R said...

Oh, Kae, what lovely thoughts....I know whenever I come over here, I am going to read something that touches me and makes me think....and you hit it on the head, nobody wants to be alone, we need the connections...:) Love the tunes too...:)

Kae B said...

That's why we belong together, Cassie, because I find the same thing when I visit with you! I'm glad you liked this one, love! :)

Babs A said...

this makes me think of you:

It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Maya A.

Kae B said...

Oh Babs, you make me cry! Thank you so much! *hugs*

Anders P Hansén said...

Shakespeare knew what he was writing. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but we rejoyce at the return of our loved ones. Wish you and yours the very best, my dear Kae. Hugs and lots of love. Take care and god bless. Anders

Kae B said...

Thank you, Anders! *hugs*

Anders P Hansén said...

You are most welcome, dear Kae! ~ hugs ~