Thursday 8 November 2012

UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!

I left work at 4:20 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, and got home at 12:45 a.m. this morning. The Taconic State Parkway was a right royal mess, and we barely missed getting stuck on it, because about 15 minutes after we crawled past the part where about a dozen cars had spun out, they closed the road.  You would think, in the fourth richest county in the United States, they'd have the funds to clean the roads so commuters can get home, eh?  It took us SIX hours to drive from 116th Street and FDR Drive in Manhattan where my school is to the top of Westchester County, with four of those hours being spent in Westchester! 
 
I was wiped out...  And no, I did NOT go to work today (though I did complete a project I had to have ready by the end of the week)!  I sent my principal an e-mail as soon as I got upstairs. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, sounds horrible.

Shaynacwings said...

I was worried about all of my friends who live your way. So glad you are alright.

Mother Nature sure is pissed off with what has been happening to the planet thanks to the human animal.

Stay safe my friend.
Huggles