Saturday 4 August 2012

Black Gospel Part 1

I love The Winans, both the former quartet, now trio -- Ronald, one of the brothers died in 2005 -- and the individuals Bebe (Benjamin) and Cece (Pricilla).  This first song is one I discovered when we watched a videotape (yeah, that's how long ago I've "known" them!) of a concert of theirs.  It's a favorite of mine. (You'll note they are three here, because Ronald has passed away by this point.)


Another quartet favorite of mine is this one, "Tomorrow", from the concert videotape we saw. As a preacher's kid and a child of faith, this song has a special meaning for me.  


One of the things I love about black gospel is the way it takes you right into church!  As we watched that concert, and even now as I watch my favorite performers in concert, their presence on the stage, their words, their actions, everything takes me into the sanctuary, reminds me of where I came from, what I hold dear, what I enjoy! Here's a third video, also from that concert when Ronald was still here, and was one of the featured soloists.  The falsetto brother is the fraternal twin of the leader of the group, the pianist, and now pastor, Marvin.

7 comments:

jilli ♥ said...

WoW...I have always loved his voice...great group.


I hope you don't mind if I add a piece that I cannot watch or hear without crying..."see Daddy Sinners have soul too"...Margaret Avery

Kae B said...

I don't mind. :) And it sure gives me goosebumps, Jillian!

DIAMOND GURL said...

i love the Winans! always sharing their music in the groups, and sometimes at sistahpoet! thank you Kae!

Kae B said...

You're welcome, Diamond! :)

driftwood beachcomer said...

Nice :)

Ms E said...

I like this one ... wakes up the kids every time I sing it! LOL





... it could be because it is usually L O U D! heehee

Ms E said...

Oh, and Kirk Franklin too!!!












Yeah girl, don't get me started! When I lift my hands up to the Lord, my heart smiles, I start dancing, laughing and crying all at once. I was once so lost; His amazing grace is awesome. I love Him so!

Have a great Sunday, Ms. Lady. (psst ... it's my little one's BD he is 16 today).