Saturday 4 August 2012

Serendipity...

...is the word for how I come to be posting this video first.  I visited a friend's blog, and listened to the Donnie McClurkin song she had posted.  It sent me to YouTube, where I found another song from that concert, a Jamaican medley which I love, and I posted it on her page.  Remembering that in the concert of which those two songs were a part, Pastor McClurkin had Pastor Marvin Winans of "The Winans" as a guest, I went looking for THAT song, which took me to Whitney Houston's funeral, where he and his siblings had a part, and sang a few songs, and he was the preacher.  From there, it was a small step to this video which I think ends on a most appropriate note, as you will see if you listen to the end.  There are some glitches, but this is a student's work, so be patient.  And enjoy!  



I'll still be posting my "Black Gospel" blog in a bit.  I'm getting the pieces I want, and today I think I'll concentrate on The Winans.

5 comments:

Luxy (Monica) said...

Very nice! She was so talented and so troubled like so many stars. I can't help but wonder if fame is really worth it......

Kae B said...

I don't know the answer to that, Luxy, having never been, and never likely to be famous. I think if people could just remain who they are when they begin, and never change for anyone, unless it's a change for the better, fame wouldn't even be an issue, because at bottom, it's not what you have or have not achieved, it's who you are at the end of the day, isn't it?

Luxy (Monica) said...

True..it just seems the pressure is overwhelming to so many.

Kae B said...

Yes, I can imagine it must be. And if I am anything to go by, it's very hard for some of us to remain true to ourselves, when we're not sure of who we are, you know? :(

driftwood beachcomer said...

She was something!