Wednesday 4 July 2012

It's Your Birthday, America!

So, it's the 4th of July, and I figure I'd do birthday music, instead of pontificating about weighty subjects such as independence, patriotism, US politics, and the like.  I'd keep things light, fresh, crisp...entertaining. 

Of course, there will always be the folk who will dig into even the best things to find the one discordant note.  If you are one such person, GO AWAY, NOW!  I won't tolerate any disharmonious notes on this blog today.  I don't care WHO you are -- this is MY page, MY blog, MY rules!  Keep your misery to yourself today!  Any comment I deem to be not in the spirit of lighthearted entertainment, or conducive to maintaining that joyful lightness of spirit, I WILL DELETE, with NO EXPLANATIONS or APOLOGIES beforehand (which is what I usually do)! This is NOT a political blog!

For the rest of us, enjoy the selections, and a happy 4th!  


Don't the Marines sound wonderful?  Next up, a soulful rendition of one of my favorite American patriotic songs...


This next song is a favorite of many in this country, and I hear it most often on the country radio station I wake up to every morning -- WRWD 107.3 FM.  I like its grandeur, and the lyrics...and the pictures chosen to go along with this video are pretty neat, too, don't you think?


This next prayer, simple but profound, is one that many outside of the United States pray daily, despite its not being their "home, sweet home"!  And Celine Dion gives me goosebumps in this rendition!


Finally, "The Star-Spangled Banner", done three ways...and Goosebump City every time!  First, Faith Hill...


Then, Whitney Houston...


Oh man!  *sigh*  God, I love good music!  Finally, an orchestral rendition, to round out this blog, which began with musicians playing.


Happy birthday, America!

19 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Jefferson Thompson said...

http://youtu.be/UdzItsOAAU8

Duck ... said...

All very nice.

Kae B said...

Oh Tom! *giggles*

Glad you like them, Duckie! :)

Thomas (Tom) Jefferson Thompson said...

;-)


didn't want to risk getting deleted,so I played it safe....

Kae B said...

I'm proud of you! Not that I expected YOU, of all people, to be disruptive on my page today! :)

driftwood beachcomer said...

Great choice of tunes. I'm going to be here awhile :)

Forget politics and all that jazz. There's no other place I would rather be than right here in the USA

Got the bbq going ;)

Kae B said...

Have fun, sweetie! :)

D B said...

:D

Kae B said...

*smiles @ Darren* Cool video!

Momo .* said...

I love me some good patriotic tunes. Wish someone.. ANYONE would have had a boombox or played the radio out their car while we watched fireworks from the parking ramp last night. It was just way too quiet. Can I get an Oooooooh, or an ahhhhhh, at least?

Kae B said...

Hehe! I love the ones I've picked here, Momo! they're stirring and wonderful! I'm listening now!

Momo .* said...

Lee Greenwood always brings tears to me for some reason.. but only if I listen while watching fireworks.

Momo .* said...

and for the record, I don't think I have ever heard a rendition of the Star Spangled Banner (especially at a sports event) than Whitney. That girl could belt!

Kae B said...

I always love hearing his song!

Momo .* said...

I just know you'll love this.. I DO!

Kae B said...

Yes she could! :)

Kae B said...

You know what I find interesting about this song? The tune is that of the English national anthem, "God Save the Queen". That song, however, has never been sung by Aretha Franklin, eh? LOL!

Momo .* said...

I love me some Aretha.. I actually saw this on the inauguration celebration thingie... It was on TV.

Kae B said...

I love that hat, too! :) She could sing the English national anthem and be quite respectable doing so! :))