Monday 30 July 2012

So I'm sitting here listening to the TV (no, not watching, you'd be surprised at how little I watch it!) and heard this, which made me look (kinda like the genie in "Aladdin"): "Who is Barack Obama?" There followed a barrage of speedily-spoken information about all the things we don't know about him -- a "real" copy of his birth certificate, the "fact" that a lot of records about him are sealed, such as his college records, his thesis, his Connecticut social security number (I didn't realize your social security number was attached to a state, or that that was somehow significant in Mr. Obama's case). There followed a phone number which we were invited to call -- 10,000 calls from each congressional district, to "disqualify Barack Obama, so that another candidate may be nominated by the Democratic Party." I'm STILL trying to pick my jaw up off the floor! REALLY?????

8 comments:

Luxy (Monica) said...

What's the number??

Kae B said...

I don't know, and frankly I don't care!

Guy Here said...

Will these people just please STFU? Jeez... I mean, no, I'm NOT a supporter, the guy was lame in Springfield, he was lame in the Senate, and he's been a lame President, and I've not voted for him at any time. I don't like his politics, period.

Lucky Bean , said...

jeesh ..people need to get a life and start worrying about important things..what ridiculous stuff this is!!

lisa p said...

Social Security numbers are attached to a state...the first three numbers. I found that out when Christopher was born in Germany and they apply for them at birth these days. He has double zeros at the beginning of it or something strange like that.

I think Obama has done as well as anyone could expect with the mess that was handed over to him.

**Kata** * said...

i agree........I think the asshole before obama was lame and is the reason we are in the hole...
it took 8 years to dig ourselves into a grave..........not going to happen overnight that we undig ourselves out.....and I don't care if many agree or not...........I hate politics.

Kae B said...

The ad just came on again...I'm still floored by this argument for disqualifying Mr. Obama as a Democratic candidate -- because the persons paying for this ad don't have access to his college and graduate degree thesis papers. What's the "logic" here? That if his papers are sealed, it's because he didn't write them? That they don't exist? That he was given a degree he didn't earn?

My impulse, the longer I think about this advertisement, is to label these people...but I'll resist the urge. If I label them as I see them, it'll lower me to their level.

*rolling my eyes*

Thomas (Tom) Jefferson Thompson said...

you already know how I feel about any of these parasite's in any form of Government.....

http://thirdbaseman.multiply.com/journal/item/304